Thursday, November 15, 2007

I used to think Stephon Marbury was a good person

After Stephon Marbury saw that he would not be starting against the Suns on Tuesday night, he bolted out the door faster than you can say Starbury. I have never seen a more selfish and cocky player in my entire life.
.
"I'm positive all the way around. I'm covered. I'm fine. I feel good. I' m cool. I could walk with my head up," Marbury told ESPN after Wednesday's game against the Clippers.
.
Are you kidding me! And we thought Randy Moss was bad for walking off the field with two seconds left in the game. At least he didn't leave the entire stadium before the game even started!
.
I used to think Marbury was a good person for selling his basketball shoes cheap so any kid could buy them. Now that I have been reminded that he is scheduled to make 42 million dollars over the next two years, I don't feel quite as compassionate.
.
Marbury has been fined $195,000 for the missed game, but how can the team not suspend him for something like this?
.
A source told ESPN.com that Marbury is planning to file a grievance over the lost wages. I hope to God this source is incorrect. Seriously, what case could Marbury possibly have to get this money back. He left the stadium and refused to play only because he wasn't starting; that is obviously a finable offense.
.
Marbury went on the say that head coach Isiah Thomas has to start him because he has so much "stuff" on him.
.
"Isiah has to start me. I've got so much [stuff] on Isiah and he knows it. He thinks he can [get] me. But I'll [get] him first. You have no idea what I know," Marbury said, according to the Daily News.
.
Not only is this guy abandoning his teammates by skipping games when things aren't going his way, but he is also threatening his coach through blackmail. Wow, what a team player.
.
Marbury was then asked if he would apologize to his teammates. He said, "I plan to just tell them that this is something that has to do with Isiah and myself."
.
No Stephon, this is not something between you and your head coach. You are effecting the entire organization by doing this. You are hurting everyone from your head coach, to your teammates, to the front office, to the fans, to the children that look up to you, and to the entire league as a whole. So much for trying to be a role model.

No comments: